2010 PD Football Predictions
Here are my predictions for the upcoming football season in the PD. In reverse order...
10. Gloucester. I see another 0-10 season coming up.
9. Menchville. Richardson is only worth so many wins.
8. Heritage. With a new coach, Heritage starts to climb back up the ladder this year.
7. Denbigh. If Denbigh can start 3-0 again and get their running game going, they could go 5-5 or maybe 6-4.
6. Kecoughtan. Trying to create a more balanced offense with a QB battle still going on might or might not work out so well.
5. Bethel. I think this is the big question-mark team in the District this year. They'll finish in the middle of the pack.
4. Hampton. There's always hype surrounding Mike Smith's team but a loss to Warwick last year and a narrow victory over Bethel showed that the Hampton of today is not the Hampton of old.
3. Warwick. Some would say I'm ranking the Raiders high because of my bias, but this team definitely has the talent to be in the top 3 in the PD. In beating Hampton last year, Warwick showed that they can play with the District's top teams. If the Raiders massive line can stay healthy, it should be a good season. (A more detailed preview of the team is coming soon)
2. Woodside. Even with the graduation of Aaron Evans, Woodside should still be strong, especially with their talented defense.
1. Phoebus. It's hard to rank the state champs as anything besides number 1, but I'm interested to see what happens in a few years when the last group of players who played under Bill Dee graduate.
Comments are welcome. It'll be interesting to see how this season plays out. Best of luck to everyone.