It is that time again to countdown the top moments of 2011. Last year I had only been around since September, so that countdown was very limited, but this one has more to it! So let's just start counting down already....
10. Girls basketball - like this year's team. They have only lose one game and even beat Grafton. Also, have a better record than the boys! I know it is still early, but that is why they are #10. I feel more will happen in 2012....but near the end of 2011 this team gave us hope for the winter season
9. Polish hall of fame/ Popcorn's "Wedding" - both were pretty dumb ideas...no seriously I am a little embarrassed they even made it on. Perhaps it is not as bad as I think it was...but I guess this proves that this blog is not always super serious...you can get a refreshing story ever now and then....at least I think so.
8. Quincy dead? - sure, this is not that big of a story...or that serious of one, but Quincy being "killed" was a bold move. I was worried people would actually believe he was dead! He was a big part of the blog for half of the year. It turned out he was just hiding from much publicity...it is dumb...but still a top moment.
7. Tabb boys soccer - too low on the list? Personally, I knew these guys were good, but I never expected them to make it to the state semi-final. That took me by surprise. They kept on winning and proving us all wrong...or just me. Seriously they were pretty close to getting into the state final. I am sorry to say I underestimate the 2011 Tabb boys soccer team.
6. Baseball - if I underestimated the boys soccer team then I definitely did so with the baseball team. They did not make it to any state semi-final, but the fact they kept on winning was the surprise to everyone. It was just not winning...it was mixed skill, fatigue, pray, and just plain luck. The team lose like 6 straight during the season, but ended up winning the district tournament and going semi-far in the regional. I say the most surprising team of 2011.
5. Krista Meyers leaves - there is no denying Krista was a big part of the blog, but there came a time where she was no longer needed. We had no use for her assistance any longer...and she "moved" to Paris...then after that college. This blog learned not to keep using the same person over and over again...so it helped...and she makes appearances....occasionally...or annunally...
4. Mr. MVP/ Chiraag Shetty - to be frank Shaq Rodney is a bigger story than Chiraag. He was a break out star of 2011. With the help from his team mates he brought Baggettball to the state tourney again...and was named district MVP. Chiraag...well who else do we have for tennis? This guy had his own day...twice! He may have not won the state game...but he is still the best tennis star we have and they guy who beat last name is Wong...c'mon who really won?!
3. Andrew 1000 - who-KNEE-Oh! The start of 2011 he did pretty good in wrestling. He won his division in the district, region, and then like 7th at state? Not too shabby! Then he came out of nowhere this football season gaining over 1000 yards rushing. I have been saying it the whole time I have ever been writing. You all should know...it is who-KNEE-Oh!
2. 4-peat!! - honestly this years field hockey was incredible! They shut out almost every team! They outscored almost every team! They beat every team! Tabb field hockey did not lose it's name...in fact I say they were the best ever this year! The big question for not only 2012, but years to come is...how long can they keep it up?!
1. What can beat a 4-peat? The fact I even returned! Remember in June I was not sure if I was going to with college and no one was sure if the blog's were even going to be around...but after a month and half hiatus...I came back....and I think most of you did too. Not to giv myself too much credit...but if I was not writing here, we would not have a blog! I guess the same question remains for me too...how long will I be around?
That is this year's list. I think it is prety swell...more actual stories compared to last year's. This is it for me today....so everyone have a great new year....and more is coming in 2012. I said that last year in 2011...and looked at this list! I was right! Get ready! Keep it real and SAFE this holiday and see you on Tuesday, next year!
Peace be with you.
"Should Old Acquaintance be forgot...except during the playoffs!"- Steve Berman