Coaches name: Steve Butler
Varsity Girls Soccer
1. How many years have you coached this sport at PHS?
1st year at Poquoson, prior to that 5 years as boys varsity coach at Grafton, and 9 years as boys and girls varsity coach at Peninsula Catholic
2. Who are some key players that are returning this year?
Alice Crawshaw, Emily Howard, Amanda Peters, and Magan Freeman
3. Who are some new additions to the team you believe will be able to contribute right away?
Morgan Ayers will start in midfield and Makenzie Dunagan will start in Goal
Deana Ball and Abigail Topping will contribute coming off the bench. All are freshman.
4. What teams in the district will provide the toughest competiton?
Jamestown and Tabb
5. How is the team shaping up for the upcoming season and how do you think you will fare in the district?
It is a mixture of experience, and youth. We will start 4 seniors 5 Juniors and 2 Freshmen
I believe we can contend for the district title.
6. What do you like best about coaching at Poquoson?
The facilities and equipment are the best I have ever seen. The parents and fans are very passionate and knowledgeable about the game, but most off all the girls are very coachable and fun to be with. I enjoy being their coach.