Name: Eric Dahl
1. How many years have you been playing basketball for PHS?
I have been playing basketball for 10 years now. Since 3rd Grade.
2. How do you think the team will do this year?
I think we will do very well in the district once we get our chemistry together. I also think that we will go to regionals and get the school's first win in a regional game.
3. Besides yourself, who are some key returning players this year, and what are their strengths that the bring?
Royce Bowden brings an outside threat and is capable of driving to the hole.
Jeremy DiGennaro and Tee McConnell bring the ability to drive at will and leadership to the team.
4. What newcomers to the team do you think will make a significant contribution and why?
Well we don't have any real newcomers to the varsity team except a sharpshooter in Daniel Fisher, but I think 2 guys that will get much more playing time this year are Travis Carlton and Joe Swofford. They will bring their aggressive defense on whoever they guard.
5. Which team(s) do you believe will be the toughest ones in the BRD this year?
Well Tabb returns half of their team from last year when they went to the state playoffs, but Grafton and Lafayette are looking good this year and can make a run at Tabb. I believe we will also be in the running to win this district.
6. Besides basketball, do you play any other sports at PHS?
I played varsity soccer last year and really enjoyed it, and I'm hoping that I will make the team again this year and contribute more.
7. In your spare time, what do you like to do to relax?
I absolutely love just sleeping and will do it at any time in the day, but I just like playing the guitar or drums and listening to music on my laptop.
8. What song(s) get you pumped up before a game?
I listen to Heroes of Our Time by DragonForce and Goonies Never Say Die by Set Your Goals before every game.
9. Who is your role model and why?
I would have to say the late Yugoslavian basketball star Drazen Petrovic, because he proved that patience and hard work will pay off eventually in one way or another.
10. After graduation, where do you plan to go to college? And do you plan on continuing your basketball career?
I plan to either attend North Park University in Chicago or Virginia Tech. I plan on playing basketball at North Park University if I attend there.