Meet your Islanders
1. How long have you been playing field hockey for PHS?
I’ve been playing for 4 years.
2. What position do you play?
I move around to different positions depending on where the team needs me, or who needs a substitution, but I typically play left midfield.
3. What is your favorite thing about playing field hockey?
I love working with a team to accomplish a goal and the adrenaline rush I get when I’m running to take a shot on goal or racing to beat the other team to the ball!
4. I know the season hasn’t started yet, but how do you think the team will do this year?
We played our first non-district game on August 24th, unfortunately we lost, but we agreed that the team will only go up from here. I think we know our strengths and weaknesses and we are trying hard to communicate and work as a team on and off the field.
5. Besides yourself, who are some of the key returning players this season?
Everyone on the team is a key player because each person brings a different aspect to the team whether it’s getting the team pumped before the game or scoring the goals.
6. What are your plans for college after you graduate?
I want to attend UVA, UNC, or Wake Forrest and major in Biology or Neuroscience in hopes to become a pediatrician.
7. What's on your IPod that you listen to in order to get pumped up for a game?
I listen to most varieties of music, but pretty much anything that’s upbeat.
8. Besides field hockey, do you play any other sports?
Field hockey is my favorite sport, but I also play spring lacrosse.
9. What do you like best about attending PHS?
I enjoy having friends in my classes as well being taught by great teachers.
10. What kind of things do you like to do when you aren't playing field hockey?
I enjoy most activities as long as they involve my friends such as shopping, going to the beach, or simply watching a movie as well as volunteering at Children’s Hospital.