Name: Camille Freeman
Grade: 9th grade
1. How long have you been running cross country?
I started running last year when I was in eight grade. I hope to progress and lower my times throughout this season and seasons to come.
2. How has preseason training been going? It has been great! Getting in shape is the best feeling for me. Seeing my times get faster and faster is so rewarding. I love to see the improvement in everyone! Coach Gross, Coach Garrity and Coach John work very hard to make us a better team.
3. Which team or teams do you think will be the toughest competition this year? Usually the toughest girls teams are Grafton, Lafayette, and Jamestown, but we always try our best even if the competition is demanding.
4. Who are some of the key members of the Girls Cross Country team besides yourself?
In cross country, there is no one key member. Everyone must contribute. At the end of meets we always chant, “ The wolf is nothing without the pack.”
5. Which course is your favorite one to run on? My favorite course to run is Peninsula Catholic’s course. We run that for the Bill McGough Invitational and it is such a fun and exciting course. Recently we ran it in the rain and mud. It was definitely an adventure!
6. What’s your best time in a meet and which course did it come on?
I got in the 20 minute zone at the end of the season last year. It was at a J.V. meet in Norfolk.
7. What are your expectations for yourself personally this upcoming season? I am hoping to make top 15 in districts which means I will move on to regionals. I just have to work really hard in workouts and keep a positive attitude.
8. Besides Cross Country, do you play any other sports?
Yes, I play soccer and run track for Poquoson. I also play tennis for fun.
9. What do you like best about living in Poquoson and attending PHS?
I love how tight knit and supportive our community is. It is great to see familiar faces and know that everyone is there for each other.
10. What do you do in your free time for fun?
I love to play soccer and hang out with my friends. I am active in school clubs and I like to volunteer in the community. I also enjoy art, skim boarding and longboarding.