NAME: Loreigh Akers
1. HOW MANY YEARS HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING SOFTBALL?
Ever since coach pitch and little league, but 5 years total for PHS
2.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT SOFTBALL
I love the competition and it’s just really fun to me; but I also love how strong of a bond our team is every year. No one knows how close we truly are.
3. HOW IS THIS YEAR’S TEAM DOING SO FAR?
Our team is very young this year, we lost 6 seniors. We are not ranked as high as in the past, but we do have a lot of talent that may surprise people.
4.WHAT’S YOU MOST MEMORABLE MEMORY FROM YOUR SOFTBALL CAREER AT PHS SO FAR?
Going to Radford last year for states. Not only the games, but just the entire experience with the girls. We are so fun and goofy together- that’s what I’ll really miss next year.
5. DO YOU PLAN ON PLAYING SOFTBALL WHEN YOU GO TO JMU?
I’m not playing any sports at JMU other than club and intramural ones.
6. DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN ANY OTHER SPORTS?
I’ve played volleyball all through high school also.
7.WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE THING ABOUT POQUOSON HIGH SCHOOL?
How close everyone is- and supportive.
8. WHEN YOU AREN’T PLAYING SOFTBALL, WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO DO FOR FUN?
I like to shop, watch movies, or do anything active.
9. WHAT POSITION DO YOU PLAY?
I play right and left field
10. WHAT DO YOU LISTEN TO ON YOU IPOD TO GET PUMPED BEFORE A GAME?
Look at me now-Chris Brown, 2012- Jay Sean