Name: Jason Akers
Grade: 10th Grade
1. How many years have you been playing soccer for PHS? This is my third year playing for the JV soccer team.
2. How do you think the team will do this year? We can win majority of our games this season and have set our goals towards that.
3. Besides yourself, who are some key returning players this year, and what are their strengths that they bring? We have 8 returning players this season, but just to mention a few. Co-captain Ryan Black is going to help lead the team on the field. Mike Roy and Jesse Abston are going to bring experience to the midfield, while Matt Grothaus will strengthen the defense.
4. What newcomers to the team do you think will make a significant contribution and why? Brandon Love is going be a dominant force at forward since he has great ball control. Jared Angster is also going to be a big help on defense with his aggression.
5. Which team(s) do you believe will be the toughest ones in the BRD this year?
Jamestown and York are always a challenge.
6. Besides soccer, do you play any other sports at PHS?
No, I play soccer year round.
7. In your spare time, what do you like to do to relax?
Play video games like Call of Duty.
8. What song(s) get you pumped up before a game?
The team last year sang Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” before games, but I personally listen to Foreigner’s “Juke Box Hero.”
9. Who is your role model and why?
Coach Krzyzewski (Coach K) at Duke Basketball is my main role model. Even though he coaches basketball, he coaches at my favorite college and has built an outstanding program both on and off the court.
10. After graduation, where do you plan to go to college? And do you plan on continuing your soccer? As of now, I am undecided, but I am considering Duke, Wake Forest , and Virginia Tech. I would love to be able to continue playing soccer in college.