Marketwatch recently wrote an article about the top 10 worst states for retirees. The financial company examined everything from taxation, climate and fiscal health to determine which states would make the list.
Virginia was no where to be found. Exactly right, too. There are so many great things about living in the commonweath, which we consider the birthplace of America. The Marketwatch story made us consider another list: 10 Reasons to Live in Williamsburg, Va. Here goes:
1. Colonial Williamsburg. No matter who visits, there's always a cool place to take them.
2. Busch Gardens. Add grandkids and mix.
3. Great Wolf Lodge. Ditto 1&2.
4. Shopping. When you're done with the first two, try the Williamsburg Prime Outlets. One of the top shopping attractions when you're preparing for the holidays -- and when you're not.
4. Eat, eat, eat! When you're done touring and shopping, everyone has to eat. And Williamsburg has some of the best dining around. From the Fat Canary to the Trellis, there's a Williamsburg restaurant for everyone in this directory.
5. The Virginia Gazette. Yes, yes, we have a bias. We admit it. We embrace it. We love the Gazette.
These reasons are not the only reasons, just the first. This is a new blog so we're planning on adding. But we'd like to hear from you. What reasons do you have for loving to live in Williamsburg? Feel free to share.