What you missed on Top Chef this week: The Godfathers met the “queen” of fashion. And, my predictions are already wrong!
My Random Thoughts
- Isaac Mizrahi looks more like a movie character than a real person.
- Carla Hall was a RUNWAY MODEL?! *Stay tuned this weekend for my guesses at what the remaining chefs “might have been” had cooking not work out.
- Mike, Richard, Tiffany, and Carla made legitimately beautiful dishes for the QuickFire challenge with Isaac Mizrahi. Angelo’s dish, on the other hand, looked like a small child could have done better.
- Fabio was ALMOST an Italian challenge stallion.
- I’d never known what antipasto was until I watched this episode! In case you’re wondering, it means “before the meal.” It’s the first course of an Italian meal, usually something like soup. Read more here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipasto
- I don’t think anyone will be calling Tre “the black Italian” anymore.
- I had no idea who Lorraine Bracco was until I watched this episode! In case you were wondering, too, check out her IMDB page - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000966/
- You know those people in college who would take a test and then spend the next hour pouring over every note and textbook to check which answers they got wrong and right? I wasn’t one of them, but I bet Mike Isabella was.
- I was shocked that all of the girls were in the top four, especially since they’ve seemed so weak AND since I pretty much thought they were the next three to go. This week was all about the girl power.
- The men fell apart this week. Mike, Dale, and Tre who have been so strong just fell flat. A good man-chef was hard to find, apparently.
P.S. – I do NOT like Tom’s soul patch.
My Elimination Predictions (which are wrong already):
Theme – Fashionable food/Italian family dinners
Controversies – The Italians vs. everyone else.
Elimination Challenge winner – Antonia Lofaso
Departing chef – Tre Wilcox